While most women have uterine fibroids, they may not notice as they do not experience any symptomatic issues and hence never get evaluated. Below are certain symptoms associated with uterine fibroids. Women may not experience all issues as listed below and hence you should get medical consultation even if any single symptom applies to you.
- Heavy mensural discharge
- Bleeding during mensural cycle or prolonged extended periods
- Heavy gradual bloating of stomach (look like a pregnancy bloating but mostly very slow in growth)
- Pelvic pain or lower back pain
- Pain or discomfort during sex
- Frequent urination
- Regular constipation
- Cramps in abdomen / stomach
In a few cases, fibroids are considered a reason for female infertility.